On Tuesday, Google Earth released new features that will let users see the world like never before.
- I’m Feeling Lucky: Suggests locations that are “a little bit off the beaten path” – like a spot that a local might recommend.
- Knowledge Cards: Gives more information on certain locations & includes the history and search for pictures of places people.
- Guided Tours: Google Earth is partnering with organizations like NASA, Sesame Street, BBC Planet Earth, and The Jane Goodall Institute for interactive guided tours.
- Postcard: Users can send a snapshot of the location they’re viewing to family and friends.
- Points of Interest: Recommends places it thinks the user will like based on their search history.
What Is Next: The remodeled Google Earth rolls out this week on Android and Chrome, and it will become available on iOS and other browsers soon.